Marissa M. Brakes
Marissa Brakes is a civil litigation associate, who specializes in professional liability and insurance defense. She is a member of the Idaho State Bar, and its Litigation and Young Lawyers sections.
Marissa graduated from the University of Idaho College of Law in 2021. While in law school, Marissa was elected as her class’s Student Bar Association representative. She was also selected as an intern for the school’s Family Justice Clinic, where she provided free legal services to survivors of domestic violence and child abuse. Through this position, Marissa was able to assist and handle all aspects of her clients’ civil cases from start to finish. Additionally, Marissa became a certified Guardian ad Litem, to represent foster children and advocate for their best interests throughout their cases. Marissa graduated with special honors for completing over 100 pro bono hours during her law school career.
Prior to law school, Marissa completed legal internships at Sealaska Corporation in Juneau, Alaska, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Idaho in Boise, Idaho.
Outside of work, Marissa enjoys cooking, traveling, and spending time outdoors with her fiancé and their dog, Poppy.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Idaho State Bar, Litigation Section
- Idaho State Bar, Young Lawyers Section
- The Debt Collection Outbreak: Recommendations for Idaho in Response to COVID-19 (December 18, 2020). Available at SRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3751680.
- Boise State University, B.S. (2017)
- University of Idaho College of Law (2021)
- Idaho State Courts
- Idaho State Bar Association
- S. District Court, District of Idaho